Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

For love of pumpkin #4

Examiner.com: How to have winter fun without skis

Just because it's January, that doesn't mean pumpkin love has to come to an end. Pumpkin spice might not be an option anymore -- my new Starbucks obsession is a tall soy extra-hot misto (the fancy name Starbucks gave basic cafe au lait) with one shot of peppermint -- but other pumpkin foods are still in the weekly rotation.


Take this pumpkin spice tea. My cousin, Maria, gifted it to me for Christmas along with a vegetarian cookbook from Moosewood Restaurant, which I really want to visit after salivating over the book from cover-to-cover. Can't wait to try out some of the recipes!

I was a little hesitant at first because the tea doesn't have the pleasant aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, as expected, but instead has an almost rotten odor, like when squash sits for too long.

Once it brewed though, scent aside, it tastes delicious. With a hint of spice, it's nice on its own or -- pumpkin heaven here -- alongside a slice of vegan pumpkin bread.

Check out my Maryland mug, too -- it's actually my mom's but until the College of Journalism releases a line of dishware, I'm stealing this.

What's your favorite kind of tea? I normally prefer plain black tea with a splash of milk and a little sugar or agave nectar.

3 comments:

  1. I still can't find pumpkin in the grocery store :( I'm also not done with pumpkin! It should definitely be year round :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite tea is Bigelow's Apple Cider tea! I also really like any kind of chai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Kashi crunchy granola bars in pumpkin spice and thought of you :) - Meg

    ReplyDelete