Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Twinkle twinkle

Examiner.com: Ringing in 2010 on a budget


Is anyone else completely unmotivated to get outside now that it's bitterly cold? When it's warm, I love to be active outdoors, even if it's just a long walk. Now that it's winter, I'm perfectly content to stay inside by the fireplace and read the day away.

(If I were ever forced to move somewhere truly freezing, like North Dakota, I'd probably just give up. The Mid-Atlantic is cold enough for me, thankyouverymuch.)


Thankfully, I managed to drag my lazy butt out of the house to take some pictures of the Christmas lights twinkling under a blanket of snow.


It rained nearly all day yesterday and so much of the snow is gone. Suddenly, you can see the grass again! It's kind of sad because almost everything looks clean and pretty under a thick layer of the white stuff -- except the roads, which were covered with a gross, brown slush.


Never fear, Washingtonians: more snow is in the forecast! Yes, just when you thought it was over, it's just beginning. The Farmers' Almanac calls for a long, cold winter -- are you prepared?

Cold weather: love it or hate it?

3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in a snowy place! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate the cold along with cabin fever, but I WILL ALWAYS. LOVE. SNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try really hard not to hate the cold weather, but I can't lie! I love summer much more!

    I do find running in the snow refreshing though :)

    ReplyDelete