Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it snow!



The entire DC area is covered in a beautiful blanket of snow tonight. Isn't it pretty?


It seems like it's been forever since I saw a substantial snowfall but was almost exactly a year ago that Seoul got its first dusting. We didn't get a ton of snow last year in Korea but instead lots of ice and slush, washed away with water rather than coated with salt and sand.


Walking into the backyard this morning revealed a pristine scene, the snow completely untouched. The forecast called for 2-4 inches but it's been steadily falling all day so I think we're going to end up on the higher side of that estimate.


Isn't there something hypnotic about snow? Sitting and watching it fall absolutely puts me into a trance and before I know it, 10 minutes have passed.


It was the perfect day for a family tea -- more on that tomorrow -- with hot brews, fresh scones and constant Christmas tunes.

The only UNpretty part? Driving down the Beltway. Terrible visibility, grey and brown slush, and cars crawling along. Well, you can't win 'em all.


The roads are still pretty icy and treacherous, and sleet is falling rapidly, so my once-exciting Saturday night plans have been swapped for an evening spent in sweats and watching a Christmas movie. Shoveling was definitely my workout for the day!

Let's get that fireplace roaring and the tea kettle boiling...

3 comments:

  1. So who took the beltway driving pic?

    =) I went skiing today so I feel connected to the MD snow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED your photos! Ahh so many good 'Sunday' ones ;0)

    ReplyDelete