Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Monday, November 2, 2009

What are you waiting for?

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
-Einstein


My posts over the past week about noticing the everyday details have proven well-timed. My grandmother died this morning -- I'm headed out to Indiana for the next week or so -- and it's a powerful reminder not to take a moment for granted.

The glowing, orange sunset fading fast into the horizon. Brightly-colored pumpkins on front steps. The smell of woodsmoke and ... is that barbecue? Kids laughingly racing bicycles down the sidewalk. A sharp chill in the air outside but inside, warmth by the fire.

You never know which moment will be your last. Take a minute every day to appreciate life and its many wonders and opportunities. Live every day to the fullest so that when it is the end, you're not consumed with regrets. Stop and take it in.

What are you waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. My sympathies. I'm so sorry.

    And thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Erin...my grandmother died in January so I know how you feel. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your grandmom, Erin. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, you are so right. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope everyone reading this takes your message to heart. Life is too valuable and short to be wasted on regret.

    ReplyDelete