Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Semi-Homemade

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, the Christmas season is officially upon us. Rejoice! Tomorrow is the first Sunday in Advent -- how fast the time goes. Already, I've seen cars with Christmas trees strapped to the roof and more than a few houses in my neighborhood have decked the halls with boughs of holly. (fa la la la la la la la la)

Between the recession, unemployment and a general realization that we all have too much stuff, my family is doing a semi-homemade Christmas this year -- minus the ├╝ber-perky Sandra Lee and the matching outfit/curtains/tablescape. (In kindergarten there was a girl named Cassie who, I told my mother, I hated because she smiled too much. Obviously too much happiness is a negative in my book.)


In the spirit of less is more and inspired by the Church of Stop Shopping, we're making our gifts this year. Although the Internet offers a plethora of good ideas -- and some not-so-good ones -- I'm turning to my faithful readers for some of your best homemade gift suggestions.


Have you ever gotten a cool homemade gift? Seen something interesting? Let me know!

What do you think about homemade gifts? Good? Bad? Makes you look cheap?

1 comment:

  1. You're good at photography, so why don't you take pictures of things your family likes and frame them? Raquel lives in Adams Morgan and likes Chipotle, so I took a picture of the Chipotle on the corner of Calvert & Connecticut to give to her: http://www.tinyurl.com/admochipotle

    ReplyDelete