Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane


The flight is booked.

At 11:25 AM on October 1, I'll depart the Korean peninsula and head east. After brief layovers in Tokyo and Detroit, my (triumphant?) homecoming is scheduled for just past 5 PM the same day.

Yes, I'll wake up in my Seoul apartment and go to bed that night -- albeit more than 24 hours later -- in Washington. It makes time travel seem possible.

Is it strange that I'm already feeling nervous about moving back to America? There's nothing to be nervous about! And yet with 21 days to go, little butterflies flit around my stomach at the thought of going home. It's weird how that happens but change can do that to ya...

Some people just need something to worry about and I'm definitely one of those people. At least there are no worries about getting my three-years-in-the-making pumpkin spice latte fix at Detroit's airport. An American Starbucks is just three weeks and a 16-hour flight away.

Booking now for October "appointments," as Koreans say. :-)

11 comments:

  1. I don't think it's strange at all. Even though you're coming back home, it's still a drastic change from the past year. It's understandable that it'd bring with it those little flutters of nervousness and anticipation.

    Enjoy every moment of your last couple weeks in Korea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think any type of change brings some nerves along with it, so that's completely normal. i felt similarly last summer when i was getting ready to come back. enjoy what remains of your time in korea - i wish we were switching places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Just going home to my parents house after I haven't been there in a while excites me. Maybe it's because they've turned my room in the guest room...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great blog. Is there anyway to get in touch with you via email? You can reach me at koreanclass101.com.
    Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best way to reach me is through the Contact Me form located on the right-hand side of this blog. It connects directly to my email.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow only three more weeks til your home! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin, I am so excited to see you and hear about all your stories. I tried following the blog as best as I could, but this post has by far made me the most excited!

    Chipotle date, please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. foreign films, dinners, mon ami gabi...cant wait! let the countdown begin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some might say "We travel to go back home" I don't know if I translated this correctly. ah... I mean that you've done a great work of your life. Anyway how is it going?? Are you really coming to Aussie land??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for your sweet words. I'm definitely looking forward to getting home but it will take some adjusting, for sure.

    And then to plan for future travels! :)

    ReplyDelete