Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Drinking my way around the world



Saturday's post about my tea ritual led me to looking back at the massive number of food pictures I've taken over the past few years -- and there are a lot.

What compels some of us to photograph our food? Why does a gorgeous cup of coffee just demand to be stored for posterity? And why wasn't I into food photography more when visiting Europe's true coffee-centered countries?

Sydney, Australia: All the makings of the perfect afternoon are here -- frothy cappuccino, chocolate croissant and a good book.


Salzburg, Austria: Life can't get much better than a steaming latte and sachertorte.


Seoul, South Korea: Freshly-made lemon tea proved the instant cure for any ailment.


The Ritz-Carlton, Virginia: An elegant, formal tea with female relatives has become one of my favorite family traditions.


Stow-on-the-Wold, England: Cream tea is one of the joys of English living -- scones with clotted cream and jam? Yes, please!


Bedford Springs Resort, Pennsylvania: One of the nicest things about staying at a fancy resort is daily teatime, in which my family loved to indulge each afternoon.


Skagway, Alaska: Whoever had the brilliant idea to combine the two greatest foods known to man -- coffee and burritos -- should be given a medal.


But sometimes the best of all is that lazy, quiet cup of tea enjoyed in your own home. Especially when paired with freshly baked bread. :)


Photographing food -- weird or cool?

2 comments: