Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Little Miss Sunshine

A little sunshine goes a long way toward improving mental health. Today was one of the first proper spring days in Seoul and, luckily, it was also my day off. 70 degrees and sunny is the perfect combination for a trip to Olympic Park -- you might remember my first trip there back in November -- and so that's where I headed with Diana and Heather.

Olympic Park is fantastic because it's one of the few places where you are allowed to walk on the grass, plus it's the only place I've found to escape the city. The air smells like grass and flowers, not sewage, and sometimes you don't even see the tall buildings.

Side note: speaking of sewage, the subway today smelled like the elephant house at the zoo. Seriously, it was that bad. Diana and Heather thought I was crazy to mention it but it was that specific a smell.

Anyway anyway anyway... the cherry blossoms aren't out in force yet, although we tracked a few down. I should have better cherry blossom pictures in a couple of weeks when some friends and I are going to Samcheongdong, one of my favorite neighborhoods.







1986 -- Year of the Tiger!







-----
Oh, and remember the North-South soccer game last week? To explain its loss, North Korea has accused the South of giving its players food poisoning. Ah, I love those northern loonies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Erin those are some really great pictures! It looks like a really really awesome day to be outside.

    Oh and I'm cracking up about the soccer thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part of my commute is when I walk from the parking garage to my office, I pass a long, long row of tulip trees and it makes me happy.

    i'm such an old lady.

    ReplyDelete