Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The sun is on my side and takes me for a ride

Spring has sprung in Seoul and it figures it would happen on the day I leave for the Philippines. It's 50 degrees right now, the sun is shining and people are finally emerging from layers of scarves and winter coats.

Still, it certainly can't compare to the 85-degree temperatures and sandy beaches of Cebu.

Bags are packed, with tickets, money and passport safely stowed away. I have a good beach read (Drifters by James Michener), the all-important flip flops and a couple of sundresses. The next 5 days should be full of relaxation, good food, good friends and fun. Just what I need.

Now it's just a matter of walking into downtown Suyu to catch the bus (don't want to miss out on any chance to enjoy this beautiful day), a 1.5-hour ride to Incheon, and a 5-hour flight with hopefully a movie or two and maybe some Korean Air bibimbap. We land in Cebu just past midnight and plan to spend all day tomorrow (!) exploring the city before lounging at the beach the rest of the week.

I. Cannot. Wait.

(P.S.: I just celebrated my 5th month in Korea. Hard to believe, eh?)

1 comment: