Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

3 monthiversary

It's hard to believe that I've been in Seoul for three months. It feels like a cross between 3 weeks and 3 years.

On the one hand, the time has flown by so quickly that everything feels like a whirlwind. It literally seems like just last week I got off the plane at Incheon and took the long, chaotic drive into Seoul.

But at the same time, everything feels so comfortable and settled that I must have been here longer than just a few months. There's no way it's been such a short amount of time and so much has happened.

Crazy stuff. I'm 1/4 of the way finished and know that I can be (and am) happy here. I don't think I'll ever love Seoul the way I love Washington or London, but I certainly like it well enough to live here for one year before moving on.

It's kind of scary that time is passing so quickly -- truly in the blink of an eye -- and to realize that before I know it, I'll be back in the USA and have to decide what comes next. But in truth, it's also nice at times to think that I'll be reunited with friends and family sooner than expected -- or, at least, it will feel sooner with the way time flies here.

Final thought: I like it here. The job is mostly enjoyable and really easy, I've met some fantastic people and made lifelong friends, and there's so much of Korea left to explore. I know this isn't my final destination, but it's still fun to enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean about time flying by in korea. every year seems to go by more quickly, and for some reason, everything is at an accelerated pace in korea. it is scary and sad to think that i will be leaving SEV in less than a month. it is like i am already nostalgic for things that haven't even happened yet!

    i really admire people who come to a completely foreign country, not being very familiar with the language and culture, and making the most out of it. hope the rest of your stay in korea continues to be memorable!

    ReplyDelete