Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two weeks down, 50 to go!

It's hard to believe that I've already been here two weeks -- on the one hand, it feels like I've been in Seoul forever because I'm getting so comfortable with this routine and my surroundings.

On the other hand, the time has absolutely flown by and I can't even imagine how fast the next 50 weeks will go. People keep telling me that the year will pass in the blink of an eye which seems hard to believe two weeks in, but I know will come true. (Just remembering how fast college went by -- whoosh!)

There's so much to look forward to this year, it's hard to know where to start. Just in Seoul, there are so many activities to enjoy and new experiences to be had; in all of Korea, there are plenty of towns to visit and islands to explore.

I've already started thinking about vacations and talking with friends here about weekend (and longer) trips. We're planning a couple of weeks in Australia and hopefully New Zealand in February or March, which I'm really looking forward too. It's been a dream destination for years so since I have the vacation time, and it's at least closer than flying from the USA, that seems like a go.

Guam is also relatively close by and a friend wants to go there for a weekend, so that might happen as well. Also want to pop over to China and visit a couple of friends, and Japan. So many places to see, not enough time or money...

The year will be jam-packed full of all new adventures. I just need to remember to take a moment to really experience things and not try to cram in too much -- stop and smell the roses, so to speak. I have no idea what comes next so I need to treasure every moment of this amazing time.

2 comments:

  1. I was watching "No Reservations" last night and every time I do I hate Anthony Bourdain more and more, not because of his asshole-ish nature but because he gets paid to travel, eat and talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, I'm paying for my own travel! :P But yes, Anthony Bourdain has a great life.

    Wish you were coming with but hopefully we'll at least explore Korea together soonish. xo

    ReplyDelete