Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu

From:
To:

Well, the time has come for me to say goodbye to America. Tomorrow morning at 9:20 AM EST, I will depart my lovely hometown for Chicago, and then alight from Chicago to Seoul in the afternoon. All things going as planned, I should touch down in Seoul shortly before 5:00 PM, Korean time.

Melissa lands just a half-hour after me so we have an elaborate meeting-up plan involving back-up meeting points and timetables. It should be fine.

It's still hard to believe that this crazy idea concocted by us fewer than eight months ago has come to fruition and I'm just hours away from departure. Nerves are ever-present but so is excitement. This will certainly be an adventure of a lifetime. And it's not forever--in the grand scheme of things, a year isn't an insanely long amount of time.

If you want to send me mail, presents (hint: January 22), or you randomly arrive in Korea and want to drop by, you can reach me at:

Seoul English Village
522 Suyu 6-dong, Gangbuk-gu
Seoul, Korea
142-883

Thanks to Skype, Gchat and Facebook, living half a world away has never been so easy. So I'll see you all before you know it, and talk to you even sooner!
xo

(and if you want to vacation in Korea for any length of time, my apartment is always open-- Lauren, Tad and Simone are already coming. are YOU??)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha wow! What a comparison! The capital of South Korea looks much less green and spacy than the capital of the U.S. but you'll have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Erin! Have a safe flight! I can't wait to read about your adventures in Korea!

    ReplyDelete