Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My two favorite things: politics and shopping

First politics: please tell me you saw the opening of last night's "Saturday Night Live"! The rest of the show was absolutely abysmal but the opening segment featured Tina Fey as Sarah Palin and Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton in a riff about sexism in politics. Absolutely brilliant and begging the question: are we sure Tina Fey and Sarah Palin are different people? The resemblance is uncanny!



Now on to shopping: In preparation for a move to the other side of the world, I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about packing and stressing about packing and have panic attacks about packing. As Melissa can attest, there are two things I'm worried about: the actual plane ride to Korea and clothes. That's it.

To alleviate this packing stress, I've spent some time perusing Dave's ESL Cafe, a great site that connects foreigners living in Korea. One of the most common questions people ask is: What should I pack?

After looking over these lists, I made a Target run today with my priorities in order. And bought: a massive tub of multivitamins, a horde (yes, a horde) of tampons, a few sticks of deodorant, a year supply of Burt's Bees lip balm, several boxes of yummy chocolate chip peanut crunch Clif Bars, some York Peppermint Patties to tide me over until I can find them in Korea (greatest candy ever), Mrs. Dash all-purpose seasoning, hot chocolate mix, a huge box of PG Tips, individual packets of Goldfish and...taco seasoning.

Yep, you can see where my priorities are.

(But seriously, what am I missing that I won't be able to find easily in Korea? Help, please!)

3 comments:

  1. That video was hilarious!!!!!! Maybe also consider going to Cosco for the tampons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to Costco tomorrow! Turns out they have a great selection of watches and I've decided to become a watch person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found your blog. and i can see russia from my house.

    ReplyDelete