Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My fortune cookie said...


A fortune cookie is the perfect cap to any Chinese dinner. Maybe not an ultra-authentic treat, but still delicious in a stale, I've-been-sitting-in-a-box-for-three-years way. And the best part of this after-dinner delicacy is the...fortune (well, duh, you didn't think I was going to say taste, did you?).

Now while I'm not a particularly superstitious person, fortune cookies are always at least conversation starters and can pretty much be somehow twisted to realistically predict your future.

For instance before I moved to London last fall, my fortune said, "You are about to embark on a wonderful adventure." I swear. I actually carried it in my wallet for a while until I realized how silly that was and it found its way into a nice pile of paper recycling.

So I opened my fortune tonight hoping for a pleasant travel prediction, or maybe well wishes on my new job.

"You will soon receive a great award."

So while I don't think my employer actually gives awards, and while I have no talents to speak of that might garner me an award, I'm just putting this out there in case I do win something and then can come back and tell all about how my fortune came true. You're my witnesses.

4 comments:

  1. the best fortune I ever got - and I still carry it with me - said "all the hard work you're doing is paying off"

    I opened it right before my 201 final.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one that said "New and rewarding opportunities will soon develop for you" after I auditioned for Disney. I'm still waiting on that one!

    So sorry I missed your going away party...damn rehearsal! I just RSS subscribed to your blog, and I look forward to keeping up with your posts! Safe travels, many adventures, best of luck, and LOTS OF LOVE!!!

    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fortune cookie and this is your next fortune: "You will soon have what seems and endless conversation someone you may not even know, and you will only say five words."

    You might then need the technique I have developed found on my blog called Conversation Over!

    ReplyDelete