Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

"a head like a lump of unbaked bread dough"

This segment from last night's Daily Show is hilarious. As usual, the best election coverage is on Comedy Central--go figure!



Also of note, the Associated Press watched Palin's speech very closely last night and found a number of inaccuracies and misstatements in her words.

And I know that everyone has heard about Bristol Palin ad nauseum. Yes, she's in a bad position that might not reflect positively on her mother (who supports only abstinence-only sex education), but focusing so much attention on Bristol a) takes attention away from the real issues of the campaign; and b) puts the teenager in a very uncomfortable position. Yes, her mother is running for public office and that means that the entire family is in the public eye, but can you imagine having the entire world know that you're 17 and pregnant? I wouldn't. I'm not saying it's right or wrong that she's pregnant, only that I empathize with her.

5 comments:

  1. I agree I feel bad for the girl being pregnant and then thrown into the national spotlight, but I do also see the slight irony in mommy being all about abstinence only education

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel bad for her BOYFRIEND. if mccain loses, what are the odds that the engagement is off?

    also, isn't that video great? i watched the daily show wednesday but missed that part...i was switching back and forth between that and wife swap...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess--definitely! Kind of goes right against the Republican argument for abstinence-only sex ed. ;)

    Melissa--I don't know! Did you see that the boyfriend has "Bristol" tattooed on his ring finger?

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the boyfriend/fiance is totally hot BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i didn't even get the video on my blog form yours! I got it from ABC's Jake Tapper's blog haha.

    and how do we know that boyfriend/fiance isn't referring to ESPN headquarters...

    ReplyDelete