Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary and Barack

Watching coverage of the Democratic National Convention this week, I'm reminded of a statement Michelle Obama made several months ago: ""For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country...."

Seeing the unity and diversity at the convention has been positively inspiring. And at no time was it more apparent than this afternoon, when the first female Speaker of the House led a roll call which was ended by the first serious female Presidential candidate to nominate the first black Presidential candidate. It's amazing. People of all races, sexes, ages, income brackets and sexuality gathered together to make history and show that the Democratic Party is stronger and more unified than before. For the first time since Hillary lost her Presidential bid, I feel truly hopeful about the future and the direction this country is heading.

There were still some pangs watching this video last night, but I feel so proud to be American at this moment, one of the few times I've felt that in many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment