Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The coolest thing

While this isn't my picture, THIS is what I saw today:
Humpback whales bubble net feeding. Over and over again, 12 massive humpback whales simultaneously jump out of the water to eat the fish they have encircled. It's one of the most impressive things I've ever seen...

And that was followed by:
Orcas (aka killer whales) swimming around the ship. I looked out for some Free Willy-style moves but alas, just dorsal fins. Still amazing, though. Male orca dorsal fins are 6 FEET long!

Then these guys showed up to play in the ship's wake for a while:
Aah, takes me back to the days when I wanted to be a dolphin trainer...

Now it's off for two days in Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia, before heading back to the East Coast. This vacation has flown by but has completely exceeded every expectation I may have held, and then some. The pristine beauty of Alaska is just breathtaking and can't be compared to anywhere else on earth. There's so much here--glaciers, tundra...even rainforests! It's truly exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment