Update your bookmarks!

I've moved!

Update your Reader to Travel, Eat, Repeat!

See you there!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

There are two different perspectives on summer in Washington. On the one hand, it's oppressively hot and humid. "Hell-like" must be a better description. But on the other hand, we're blessed with stunningly clear, sunny weather almost the entire summer (massive thunderstorm and tornado-watch last night notwithstanding).

Today is one such day in the latter category. The sun is shining brightly, nary a cloud in sight, and despite the intense heat you feel healthier just standing in the sunlight. Of course, where am I?

My favorite place in DC of course--Caribou Coffee. If you live in an area of the world not blessed with Caribou, I feel sorry for you. Now, some people would argue that Caribou is just a smaller version of Starbucks, but I beg to disagree. Caribou has better-tasting coffee, FREE wireless (which I am very gratefully taking advantage of right now, thankyouverymuch), a fantastic and eclectic soundtrack ranging from Judy Garland to Coldplay to Ingrid Michaelson, and a working fireplace. Come on!

Do coffee shops exist in the same way in Korea as here? Throughout my travels in Europe, I've learned to embrace cafés and spend hours ensconced at a table by the window with a book and a large cup o' joe (or tea, as the case may be).
(Stow-on-the-Wold, England)

(Salzburg, Austria)

(Edinburgh, Scotland -- where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment